There is no denying that detoxing and eating clean makes a difference. The benefits of detoxing may include brighter skin, a boost in energy, better sleep, a reduction in inflammation, digestive improvements, etc. The list could go on. The bottom line is that it wouldn’t hurt to make detoxing a habit.
Here is a list of 5 ways you can start detoxing today and which Barlean’s products can help make your detox regimen easier:
1. Cleanse, Alkalinize, and Energize with Barlean’s Greens!Barlean's Greens are an energizing source of vegetarian superfoods designed to invigorate and nourish both your mind and body. They support the gentle cleansing of vital organs and body tissues and helps improve digestion. Let’s raise a glass of greens to detoxing the natural way! Plus, they are Gluten-Free, Non-GMO and available in four delicious flavors – Organic Berry, Strawberry-Kiwi, Chocolate Silk and the original Organic greens flavor.
2. Pull toxins out and cleanse the mouth with Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Use Barlean's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for 20-minute oil pulling! Oil pulling allows the mouth to salivate enough so that it can trap toxins within the oil particles. It is a great way to remove some of the junk and toxins that are living in your mouth, and it’s super easy! Take a tablespoon of Barlean’s Organic Coconut Oil and swish it around in your mouth for 20 minutes. Keep in mind the oil will thicken as you swish, which is normal. It’s best to do oil pulling while doing other chores or activities; otherwise those 20 minutes might seem like a lifetime. When you are finished, spit the oil out in the sink. Make sure you don’t swallow any of the oil as it will be full of the toxins in your mouth.
3. Detox from the inside out with Barlean’s Organic Chia Seeds. Once digested, Barlean's Organic Chia Seeds become gelatinous and absorb toxins from the liver and pass them to the colon for excretion. The result? A digestive track cleanse. Not to mention chia seeds are big on Omega-3s, essential fatty acids your body needs, which support heart health, glowing skin, strong nails and that coveted shiny hair. Not too bad for a little seed, right?
4. Say adios to toxins with Barlean's Forti-Flax.Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, renowned nutritionist, author and great friend to Barlean’s, suggests using Barlean's Forti-Flax when detoxifying the body to ensure all toxins are eliminated properly! Plus, you can add Barlean’s Forti-Flax to most of your favorite foods – from smoothies to salads to oatmeal.
5. Use a delicious smoothie to detox on the go! A smoothie is a great way to detox once a week no matter how packed your schedule is. A personal favorite is: beets+lemon+spinach+Barlean’s Organic Coconut Oil. You can check out the full recipe on Pinterest!
Frank Ferrante from Hungry for Change said, “As I improved my diet I started to learn to love myself, probably for the first time ever.” There is no better time than the present to start loving yourself and building a better you. We are passionate about helping you find the tools to feel better and be healthier.