The days are shorter and busier with the holidays right around the corner. We whipped together these incredibly delicious and easy-to-make energy balls. It’s a great alternative to another pumpkin spice latte during the day or a candy bar late at night. And to get in the holiday spirit, we made sure to add a lot of pumpkin spice.Barlean's Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
3 cups almond flour
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/3 cup Barlean’s Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup paleo chocolate chips (We love Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
¼ cup Barlean’s Digestive Blend (it’s a mix of Flax, Chia, Coconut, Pumpkin and Quinoa)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, pumpkin spice and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla. Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir; then mix in chocolate chips.
- Roll batter into 1 1/2-inch balls, place them on lined baking sheet and set them in fridge (or freezer) for 15 minutes to chill.
- In a medium-sized bowl, melt the chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil for the topping.
- Remove cookie dough bites from fridge and pour chocolate over each ball to cover; then sprinkle with Digestive Blend. Not a huge fan of chocolate? No problem. Simply roll the balls in the Digestive Blend or sprinkle pumpkin spice on top.
- Store in fridge or freezer.