It's that time of the year when the warm and delicious aromas of cinnamon, cloves and pumpkin fill the air. While we love to indulge, we wanted to create a few healthier pumpkin spice options. You won't even miss the fried or extra sugar in these gluten-free baked doughnuts. And don't worry, we didn't skimp out on anything pumpkin in this recipe. It's the perfect addition to any weekend brunch or the perfect treat to share at work. Oh, and it's best served with a steaming hot cup of coffee.
Pumpkin Spice Coconut Doughnuts
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup honey
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup Barlean’s Coconut Oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup almond flour
¼ cup Barlean’s digestive blend
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat doughnut pan with Barlean’s Coconut Oil.
- Place the eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together very well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the pan, filling each cavity 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20 minutes. Let them cool for 10 minutes before removing the doughnuts from the pan, then place on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle the doughnuts with Barlean’s Digestive Blend or if you’re a chocolate fan, see step 7.
- Makes 18 doughnuts.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips with a tablespoon of coconut oil and dip the tops of the doughnuts in the chocolate. Sprinkle with the Digestive Blend and let cool.