Ever since I visited Wolf restaurant in Oakland, California last Spring, I have been desperately trying to deconstruct and then reconstruct their to-die-for sauteed Brussel sprouts.
Kicked Up Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Organic Coconut Oil
These babies are kicked up to a whole new level, mixing sweet and savory with a hint of spicy (our organic virgin coconut oil, grated parmesan and sweet chili sauce) plus a touch of acid (fresh lemon juice) to keep things tasting fresh. Try this recipe for a truly stand-out side dish on your Thanksgiving menu this year.
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and sliced into thirds or fourths – not quite shaved, but definitely broken down significantly from the whole
- 3 Tbsp Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce (I like Trader Joe’s)
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- ½ lemon squeezed (1-2 Tbsp)
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Melt the Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced Brussel sprouts and sauté for 5-10 minutes until they just begin to soften.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in sweet chili sauce and continue to sauté for another 8-10 minutes or until the Brussel sprouts have caramelized. (They will cook down quite a lot.)
- Turn the heat down to low and gently mix in the parmesan.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top just before serving.