This is a quick, easy and 100% tried-and-true recipe that absolutely everyone (including the pickiest of kids) loves. I substitute the butter in the original recipe with our Organic Butter Flavored Coconut Oil for a healthier version, without sacrificing any flavor or richness. My family loves these plain, but you can use your choice of dipping sauce.
- 1-1 ½ lbs skinless organic chicken breast fillets (about 2)
- 5 Tbsp Barlean’s Organic Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ c panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Wash and dry chicken breast fillets and wrap loosely in plastic wrap or put inside a large zip-top bag. Pound the fillets until they are uniform thickness (about 1/2-3/4”). Pounding the breasts not only allows chicken to cook quickly and evenly, but it tenderizes the meat nicely.
- After the chicken is pounded, slice it into strips and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt organic coconut oil over medium-low heat. As the oil melts, add the minced garlic.
- Once oil has melted, remove from heat and pour garlic oil mixture into a soup plate or other low, flat dish.
- In another low, flat dish combine panko and Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll chicken pieces into garlic oil, then dredge in panko mixture. Place the strips into a glass baking dish in a single layer. If you have left-over garlic oil or panko mixture, pour over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. If the strips aren’t browned on top enough, switch your oven to low broil for 2 minutes until the tops of the strips are golden brown and crispy.
- Serves 4.
Hot tip #1: Reserve or make a little extra melted Organic Butter Flavored Coconut oil and garlic to pour over an accompanying vegetable or use as a dip for artichokes.
Hot tip #2: Add a little cayenne to the panko Parmesan mixture for an extra kick.