September ushers in cooler temperatures and vibrant colors as summer gives way to fall. Children have returned to school and mornings are busier than they've been in a while, which means breakfast might be limited to on-the-go options or skipped altogether. But what if breakfast was both easy and nutritious? Would that make a difference in what, or if, you eat as you start your day?
Consider chomping down on a warm, delicious Blueberry Flax Muffin with a hot cup of coffee, tea or yummy cocoa. Full of flavor, antioxidants and Omega-3s, these Blueberry Flax Muffins will take your morning to a whole new level. To keep your mornings as stress-free as possible, you can even make up a batch the night before and just grab one or two on your way out the door.
Blueberry Flax Muffins
Recipe by Danniel Davenport
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Barlean's Forti-Flax
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 6 dates
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Barlean's Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 - 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, flax meal, baking soda and salt.
- In a high-speed blender, combine dates, eggs, Coconut Oil and water on high until smooth.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry, then stir in sunflower seeds and blueberries.
- Spoon batter in lined muffin pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy or save for later.
How does the autumn weather inspire you and your breakfast?