There's no better time to go on a picnic than in the summer. So, here is a list of the Top 5 Picnic Basket Must-Haves to ensure your summer picnic is the best it can be!
- Reuse, reduce, recycle. Using reusable containers, utensils and cups will reduce the amount of waste normally accumulated during a picnic. An even better choice? Using real dishes! It is important to reduce waste whenever you can, even on a picnic.
- Get creative! Use your picnic as an opportunity to get creative with your food! The more colors in your basket, the more healthful the meal! Plus, green, orange, purple and blue foods are packed with powerful antioxidants - a definite must for the summer and all year long!
- Clean on the go. Food poisoning risks increase in the summer, so stay healthy with all natural antibacterial wipes! Grab some wipes and place them in a Ziploc bag to ensure germs don't make it into your summer picnic basket.
- Buy Local. Buy Organic. Do you have a summer sweet tooth? Well, it's berry season - a perfect opportunity to buy local, organic berries for a delicious and tasty dessert!
- Don't forget your Omega-3s! We are passionate about Omega-3 nutrition here at Barlean's, so Omega-3s are always on our must-haves list! Instead of swallowing large fish oil softgels or contending with the keeping your fish oil cool on the go, consider Barlean's Omega Swirl to Go! Available in delicious flavors like Key Lime and Mango Peach, just toss these quick to-go packets in your picnic basket to get your daily dose of Omega-3s!
Follow these five easy tips and you're sure to pass any picnic basket inspection! What are some of your picnic must-haves this summer?