Recipe Created by Danniel Davenport
Summer officially starts tomorrow, so what better way to kick off the heat than a refreshing Vegan, No-Bake Strawberry Pie? Strawberries, which are in season and extra-scrumptious right now, are combined with tasty ingredients like Barlean's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to give you the perfect dessert or afternoon treat.
Here is the easy no-bake, dairy-free, Gluten-Free,Vegan recipe perfect for parties, after-dinner delights and everything in between!
Vegan No-Bake Strawberry Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup of rolled gluten-free oats
- 11-12 medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup (or more) of Barlean's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (melted/liquefied)
- 1 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Barlean's Organic Chia Seed
- 1 tablespoon Barlean's Forti-Flax
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup Barlean's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 cup sliced strawberries
For the crust:
- Put all ingredients into a food processor except for the dates.
- Process those ingredients and then add dates one a time to the food processor. It should start to stick together.
- Then move it to the pie dish. Press it evenly.
For the filling:
- Add all ingredients together and mix.
- Pour them into the center of your prepared pie dish.
- Put pie in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours so it has time to set.
- Once the filling looks set, decorate as desired.
For the decorative top:
- Slice strawberries and place them in whatever array you would like to decorate your pie.
Feel free to add the yummy Barlean's Omega Strawberry-Banana Flax Swirl to top off your summer strawberry pie. Enjoy!