Recipe and Post Created By: Danniel Davenport
***These can be made Vegan/Vegetarian if using Flax Based Omega Swirls.
Recently, I have been seeing all of these really wonderful photos and posts of kiddo friendly foods. I love being able to create tidbits in my kitchen that are not only healthy but that my girls have fun making and eating! My oldest daughter loves doing art projects and crafts with me. In an effort to meld my love for food and her love for crafts these "Banana Chicks" were hatched!
These would be really wonderful to give to family and friends who may not be sold on the idea of fish oil or any omega-3 supplementation. A variety of Barlean’s Omega Swirls were used to make these. They could absolutely be geared for vegan or vegetarian diets. These little loves are rolled in Barlean’s Flax-Chia-Coconut which is a wonderful source of fiber, micronutrients, and minerals. I hope you all have as much fun making them as I had creating them!
- 1 Banana cut into rounds
- Mini Chocolate Chips (I used Vegan chocolate chips) as needed
- Sunflower seeds (for the beaks) as needed
- Barlean’s Flax-Chia-Coconut (enough to roll your banana in)
- Barlean’s Flaxseed oil or Fish oil based Omega Swirl
1. Simply cut your banana into thick rounds.
2. Roll the banana rounds into Barlean’s Flax-Chia-Coconut Raw Energy- being sure to evenly coat the bottom, the sides, and 1/2 the front of the banana.
3. Squirt a small amount of ANY Barlean’s Swirl of your choosing.
4. Place the chocolate chip eyes and the sunflower seed beak onto the banana. Voila! You have just hatched your very own chick!