Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, No bake
Recipe & Post by: Danniel Davenport
These little lovelies were thought up in my kitchen as a quick go-to snack for my two favorite little girls. As a primarily plant-based household I love finding new and unique ways to make nutrient dense foods that keep my children happy while also keeping their Mommy fueled! I have always loved orange and chocolate together but feel free to use any other flavor profile you prefer such as peppermint oil, vanilla, or raspberry. This recipe makes 8 balls but you are welcome to double the recipe if you like!
- Yields: 8 (1 Tbsp. sized) balls
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
5-6 pitted medjool dates
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder unsweetened (raw cacao would be a great substitution here)
1 heaping tablespoon of Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens
1 cup of walnuts
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1-2 teaspoons of orange zest
½ teaspoon orange oil
3 tablespoons Barlean’s Flax-Chia-Coconut set aside
1. Blend in food processor the dates, walnuts, orange zest, orange oil, chocolate greens, & cocoa powder.
2. Form into small balls- I used a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to do this.
3. Spread Barlean’s Flax-Chia-Coconut onto a cutting board & roll balls so that they are evenly coated.
4. Decorate for your children (or loved one) for extra fun before eating