Created by: Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, author of The Healthy Apple is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook.
Here’s a quick ‘n’ easy July 4th recipe along with 21 easy, breezy ways to use Barlean’s Ultra High Potency Key Lime Omega Swirl to help satisfy your summer sweet tooth without sacrificing your swimsuit!
I was introduced to Barlean’s Ultra High Potency Key Lime Omega Swirl at Expo West in March, and let me just begin by telling you how much one little bottle will rock your world!
Seriously, just one taste and I was blown away. Barlean’s served their Key Lime Swirl as a Fro-Yo Frozen Yogurt, which was a HUGE hit for all the folks wanting a sweet treat without the sugar rush and with a hefty dose of Omega-3s.
Let’s just say this new flavor of Omega Swirl will do more than change your life. Seriously, I’m already having my clients add it to their dairy-free yogurts for a healthy spin on ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Here are 21 delectable delights to try along with a healthy, naturally sweet Key Lime recipe as well.
Amie’s Must-Try List of Key Lime Swirl Snacks:
- Whole Grain Waffle with Key Lime Drizzle and Greek plain yogurt
- Arugula Salad with Key Lime Dressing, pistachios, cherry tomatoes and avocado
- Baked zucchini fries with Key Lime Dressing
- Endive leaves filled with ricotta cheese, crushed peanuts and Key Lime Drizzle
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries atop baby spinach with Key Lime Drizzle
- Pureed tomato soup with Key Lime Drizzle
- Sliced zucchini with Key Lime Drizzle and cinnamon
- Air popped pop corn with Key Lime Drizzle
- Whole Grain Flatbreads with dairy-free yogurt, sesame seeds, dried cranberries and Key Lime Drizzle
- Baked grapefruit with Key Lime Drizzle
- Apple slices with almond butter and Key Lime Sauce
- Frozen grapes with Key Lime Drizzle
- Rice Cakes with Key Lime and Avocado Spread
- Oatmeal with macadamia nuts and Key Lime Drizzle
- Plain hummus with Key Lime Drizzle served with crudités
- Chilled edemame with Key Lime Drizzle and sesame seeds
- Homemade granola bar dipped into honey and Key Lime Sauce
- Whole Grain English muffin with sliced pears, balsamic vinegar and Key Lime Drizzle
- Steamed artichokes with Key Lime Drizzle and crushed cashews
- Greek yogurt mixed with walnuts, pecans, Key Lime and chopped fresh basil
- Whole Grain Cereal with Key Lime Drizzle, fresh lemon zest and almond milk
The best news? Barlean’s also has Chia Seed – a whole, raw and 100% organic source of Omega-3s and protein – which adds that extra little spark to your Fourth of July goodies!
So, go ahead, whip up a batch of this sweet ‘n’ refreshing soup for your shindig with fireworks and friends; or simply pour yourself a bowl, soak up the sunshine and enjoy the beautiful summer weather coming our way.
Key Lime Green Tea Pear Soup
Gluten-Free and Pescetarian-Friendly
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 4 large Bartlett pears, chopped
- 1/3 cup rosewater
- 2 Tbsp. Barlean’s Key Lime Swirls
- 1 cup green tea, brewed
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. orange peel
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 2 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Steam kale on the stove top over medium heat in steamer for 3-4 minutes or until bright green. Rinse with cold water and place into a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients to the food processor; blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer soup to serving bowls. Serve with fresh mint.
What fun recipes are YOU going to try with Barlean's Key Lime Omega Swirl?